Graphic photo below so please be warned but we would have put it there to show you how dangerous lines can be if you are not aware.
We had 2 incidents with guys getting hurt with their lines and I must once again stress how dangerous your lines can be so here are a couple of tips that might one day help.
- Try avoid your lines in the water at all costs
- Avoid lines of the kite in the shore break – especially the kite which can envelop you – so stay clear.
- If your kite crashes in the shore break then let you bar go and run down and physically pull the kite out the water – don’t try pull it out with the lines.
- If your kite gets washed up in the shorey, always approach the kite from the back and be aware of what waves about to wash the kite onto you.
- Never wrap the lines around your fingers
- Use the Self rescue if you want to swim your kite in